Why Zurich Home Insurance? At Zurich we understand the needs of our customers when insuring their homes, and for this reason Zurich has designed Home Insurance products that offer superb cover at a competitive price. Your home cover includes:
24/7 Home Emergency Helpline
Accidents can happen. If you are unfortunate and have an accident, you can now avail of our Emergency Helpline on 1890 208 408.
No Claims Discount
If you do not claim we will typically reward you with reduced Home Insurance premiums.
Door Lock Replacement up to €700
We will cover the cost of replacing and fitting outside door locks to the home if the keys of such locks are stolen. Up to €700.
Personal Belongings covered Inside and Outside the home
In our All risks section you can detail specific items you need covered in your Home Insurance. All risks refer to possessions normally worn or carried on the person outside the home e.g. jewellery, items of clothing, photographic equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I ensure that my house is adequately insured?
When you insure your home, you should base your figure on the rebuilding cost and not the market value of your home.
To be totally confident that your home is adequately insured, contact an independent surveyor, who will calculate the exact rebuilding cost of your home.
For convenience, we have also included a rebuilding calculator on our web-site. You can calculate the rebuilding cost of your home, by entering information on your house. This calculator is based on information released by the Society of Chartered Surveyors (based on May 2011 figures). This calculator is intended as a guide only and should give you an indication of the rebuilding cost of your house.
Can I insure jewellery and valuable items outside the home?
Yes - This insurance is called 'All Risks'.
When you insure your contents with Zurich Home Insurance, you are automatically covered for Unspecified Personal Possessions (All Risks) outside the home up to €1,275 with a single article limit of €650. If this sum is not adequate you can opt for additional cover. Simply tell us the additional amount for which you wish to be insured.
Alternatively, you can extend your policy to include Specified All Risks Cover. This cover is more suitable for high value items, for example an engagement ring. The item must be specified and in the event of loss or damage you are covered for the Sum Insured you selected for that item. We may require a valuation of your valuable items.
Why should I insure my home with Zurich?
When you take out Home Insurance with Zurich, you can be confident that you are receiving a quality product at a competitive price. In some cases, you may find cheaper products on the market, you should check the details carefully to ensure that you are getting adequate cover for your home and valuables.
With Zurich, you will receive the following benefits automatically:
- Accidental Damage cover on Buildings and Contents
- 10% increase in Contents Sum Insured for weddings and at Christmas time
- Fire Brigade Charges up to a limit of €2000
- Personal Money up to a limit of €400
- Credit Cards up to a limit of €650
- Deep Freezer Contents
- Door lock replacement following loss of keys up to a limit of €700
- Contents in the garden up to a limit of €500
- New for Old cover (excluding clothing, furs and linen).
- All risks on unspecified personal effects for up to €1,275 when contents are covered.
The real test for any company is the service they provide in the event of a claim. With Zurich, you are guaranteed a prompt, timely and efficient service in the event of a claim. We know you want to get your life back to normal with as little fuss and inconvenience as possible. All Zurich customers can avail of our Claims Assist Helpline by dialling Freefone 1890 208 408
What should I do in the event of a household emergency?
Whether you experience a burst pipe or storm damage, all Zurich policyholders can now avail of our 24 hour emergency assist helpline by dialling 1890 208 408:
Our Domestic Approved Contractor Scheme provides you with the following benefits:
- Specially negotiated rates for repair work carried out
- Contractors are specially selected and regularly audited
- Guaranteed turnaround times
This service provides you with:
- Faster response to your emergency
- Specially negotiated rates for your repairs or replacement of your items even if the damage is not covered under your Policy
- Peace of mind and helps to minimise the damage to your property.
How can I keep my home safe and secure when on holidays?
If you are heading away on holidays, do your best to keep thieves away, by following these guidelines:
- Inform your local Garda station that you will be away
- Check that all windows and doors are securely locked
- Set your intruder alarm, smoke detectors and other alarm systems - check that the batteries in all alarms are working
- If you have an automatic light switch installed, set it to operate at the times you normally switch the lights on.
- Cancel all deliveries, e.g. milk, newspapers etc.
- Ask a neighbour to pop in from time to time to check on the house and to remove post from the letterbox/porch.
How to save on your Zurich Home Insurance
It is possible to reduce your Home Insurance premium substantially. Below, are a few ways in which you could reduce your costs. For more details, call us on 1890 400 300.
- Save up to 10% on your home premium when you buy online.
- That's 5% when you buy online and an additional 5% discount when you have a Zurich Car insurance policy.
- We can help you lower your premiums with a monitored alarm.