Why Zurich Car Insurance? More and more people are moving their car insurance to Zurich to avail of our award winning customer service and these exceptional product benefits:
No Claims Discount of up to 55%
With a Zurich car insurance policy we will reward your safe claims free driving with up to 55% off your premium in your No Claims Discount.
Step Back Bonus Protection
In the event of a claim as a valued Zurich car insurance customer you will not lose your entire No Claims Discount.
24 Hour Emergency Helpline & Claims Line
If your car is immobilised or you have an accident anywhere in the Republic of Ireland you should contact our Emergency Helpline on 1890 208 408. We will arrange for someone to come to your assistance as soon as possible. You pay the cost of such assistance but gain the benefit of special rates negotiated by our assistance company. Any outlay for which you are entitled to claim under your policy will be reimbursed to you.
Courtesy car up to a maximum 7 day period & up to a Class B category vehicle (1.2 Petrol engine). If your vehicle has been damaged beyond economical repair or has been stolen and not yet recovered provided such damage is recoverable under your policy, courtesy car up to a maximum of 10 days.
Our extensive Windscreen cover takes the hassle out of getting your damaged vehicle glass fixed. (As standard on comprehensive car insurance policies/optional extra on third party fire & theft)
24 Hour Breakdown Assistance (Comprehensive cover only)
If your car breaks down or you have a roadside emergency (e.g. a flat tyre, or you run out of fuel), it is reassuring to know that help is at hand 24 hours a day - no matter where you are within Ireland. By contacting our emergency helpline on 1890 208 408 (from Northern Ireland 0808 1017444), we will arrange for someone to come to your assistance as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I lose my No Claims Discount after a claim?
As a valued Zurich car insurance customer, you will not lose your entire No Claims Discount. The discount applying will be stepped back at the next renewal date. For accidental damage or third party claims your no claim discount will be stepped back by 2 years. Fire, Theft and Windscreen claims will not affect your No Claims Discount.
Can I fully protect my No Claims Discount?
Yes, for an additional premium you can protect your No Claims Discount. This will mean you will preserve the no claims discount you earned even if you have a claim. The protection offered means you can have two claims within a three year period that will not effect your no claims discount.
Is windscreen cover included and what exactly does it cover?
Windscreen cover is included automatically under Comprehensive car insurance policies and can be added for an additional premium to Third Party Fire and Theft policies. In addition to the actual windscreen cover, damage to the back and side windows is also covered. If you have windscreen cover on your policy and would like to report damage to the windscreen, rear screen or body glass in your vehicle, call our Approved Repairer - Allglass Windscreens at 1890 20 12 12 (local) 00 3531 85 00052 (from overseas) or report your claim online here.
Terms and conditions apply, please refer to your policy document for full details.
What is a policy excess?
A policy excess is the monetary amount of a claim which is not insured. This amount will be shown on your Private Motor Schedule of Insurance and only applies to accidental damage claims unless stated otherwise.
Am I covered to drive someone else's car?
Yes, when you take out a Zurich car insurance Policy, you are covered to drive other private cars at third party only cover. Please see your policy document for any restrictions that may apply.
Am I covered for free 24 Hour Breakdown Assistance?
Our Comprehensive car insurance policy holders get free motor breakdown assistance in the Republic of Ireland and in Northern Ireland. In the ROI you can contact us on our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline 1890 208 408. If you are calling from Northern Ireland you can contact us on 0808 1017444. Breakdown Assistance is also available to our Third Party Fire and Theft private motor policy holders - you pay the cost of such assistance but gain the benefit of our specially negotiated rates.
What should I do if my car breaks down?
If your car is immobilised anywhere in the Republic of Ireland, contact our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline 1890 208 408. If your car is immobilised in Northern Ireland contact us on 0808 1017444. We will arrange for someone to come to your assistance as soon as possible. Our 24 Hour Breakdown Assistance is free for comprehensive motor insurance policy holders.
Under Third Party, Fire and Theft policies, you pay the cost of such assistance but gain the benefit of our specially negotiated rates. Any outlay for which you are entitled to claim under your policy will be reimbursed to you.
What should I do in the event of an accident?
Report the accident to the Gardai immediately. If the accident involves injury to people you are required by law to report the incident to the Gardai or local police (if abroad) as soon as possible and in any case within 24 hours.
- Note the registration of any vehicles involved.
- Exchange names, addresses, driving licence & car insurance details with anyone involved. Try to obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- This is a stressful situation so don’t be pressurised by others at the scene into admitting any fault on your part. When you’ve had time to recover and look at the facts, things may in reality be very different.
- If possible, draw a basic diagram of the accident location to include approximate road measurements, road signs, markings, traffic signals and vehicles involved. Take details of all injuries and damage sustained. If you have a mobile phone with a built-in digital camera, you could also take some photos.
- Notify us of your accident within 48 hours on our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline 1890 208 408. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We will send you an accident report form, which must be completed and returned to us as soon as possible (but no later than 48 hours from the date of the accident).
- Let us know immediately if you receive notice of any prosecution or if other parties are to be prosecuted as a result of the accident. All correspondence from third parties, their insurers or representatives should be sent to us unanswered as soon as it is received.
All Zurich customers can avail of our Claims Assistance Helpline 1890 208 408 , where queries regarding your claim will be dealt with.
What should I do in the event my car is stolen or damaged?
- If your car is stolen or damaged as a result of theft or malicious damage, immediately report the matter to the Garda or police station nearest to the location. Please notify us of the theft and/or damage within 48 hours on our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline 1890 208 408.
In the event of an accident, am I covered for Car hire?
Yes. If you have a comprehensive car insurance policy with Zurich, We will arrange a replacement car (up to a maximum of 1200cc) for up to 7 days while your car is being repaired.
This online form can be used for any query or change you may have to your policy.
What should I do in the event of a motor claim?
All correspondence from third parties, their insurers or representatives should be sent to us unanswered as soon as possible after receipt. All Zurich customers can avail of our Claims Assistance Helpline 1890 208 408, where queries regarding your claim will be dealt with.
Who can drive my car?
Any person who is a named driver on your policy can drive your car. Their name must be stated on the valid insurance certificate.
Discounts on your Car Insurance
It is possible to reduce your motor insurance premium substantially. Below, are a few ways in which you could reduce your costs. For more details, call us on 1890 400 300.
- Previous Driving Experience/No Claim Discount (We provide No Claim Discounts of up to 55%)
- Full Driving Licence
- Smaller car engine sizes mean smaller car insurance premiums
- Discounts on your Zurich home insurance premium if you have your motor insurance with us