In addition to the facts provided by you during your quotation, your acceptance of the policy confirms your agreement to the following Assumptions. Please read these statements carefully.
- The premises being insured are not:
- Currently unoccupied and will not be unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days in any one period of insurance
- Under Construction or renovation work
- Over 100 years old
- A listed building or subject to a preservation order
- Located on a site which exceeds 2 acres in size
- Neither you, or any others residing with you, have made any household claims in the past three years which exceeded the following limits:
- a single claim with a value greater than €4,000,
This includes any household claims:
- Two or more claims with a combined value of €1,500.
- made in connection with the property being proposed,
- made in connection with any other properties owned or occupied, at any time, by you or others residing with you,
- previously paid out by Us.
Neither you nor any others residing with you ever been refused insurance or had any special terms, restrictions or conditions imposed by any Insurer. This includes any refusal of insurance or special terms, restrictions or conditions previously imposed by us.
Neither you nor any others residing with you ever been cautioned for, convicted of, or charged but not yet tried for any criminal offence (other than a motoring offence) or dishonest act.
The premises are built entirely of brick stone or concrete or are timber framed and clad entirely of brick stone or concrete.
The roof is
The total area of flat or non- standard roofing does not exceed 20% of the total roof area
constructed with at least 80% with one of the following materials: slate, tile or concrete
Does not have any area of thatched roofing.
The premises is in a good state of repair and will be so maintained and is free from any signs of external or internal cracks.
The premises has never suffered loss or damage as a result of flood whether insured or not, nor is there a history of flooding in the area.
The premises has never suffered loss or damage as a result of subsidence, heave or landslip, whether insured or not, nor is there a history of subsidence, heave or landslip in the area.
The premises has never been
- Monitored for subsidence , heave or lanslip
- The subject of a report which mentions subsidence , heave or lanslip
Your previous home insurance for these premises did not expire more than 12 months ago.
(This requirement does not apply to proposers obtaining their first home insurance policy)
Minimum Security Requirements
- all external doors are fitted with appropriate locking mechanisms
- all French doors, patio doors and windows are fitted with appropriate security locks
If you do not understand any of the Assumptions or cannot agree to all of the above criteria we cannot provide a quote online and you should not proceed with the quotation. Please call us on 1890 141 142 to discuss.
Failure to disclose material facts could result in your policy being invalidated/cancelled,
a claim not being paid or difficulty for you in obtaining insurance in the future.
Material facts are those facts which might influence the acceptance or assessment
of your proposal. If you are in doubt as to whether a fact is material you should
NOTE: The Company reserves the right to decline any proposal. Full details
of the cover provided appears in the Policy Document, a copy of which is available here.