At Zurich we deliver when it matters. We are committed to providing a claims service that is fair, professional, courteous and efficient - we make 4 simple promises:
1) You will be treated fairly and professionally.
- We understand making a claim can be a stressful event and therefore you can expect to be treated with sensitivity and respect.
- We will treat each claim with the importance and urgency it requires.
- We strive to understand what it is our customer needs and will do our utmost to provide that in accordance with policy cover.
2) Contact with us will be made easy.
- Be available to report a claim to and provide assistance, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, through our free emergency helpline.
- Give you a unique claim reference number, which is all you need when contacting us again.
- Assign a dedicated claim handler who will keep you updated of key developments throughout your claim, using your chosen method of communication.
3) The handling of your claim will be efficient and fair.
- Acknowledge your claim report and send you the required claim form, unique claim number and claim handler details within 24 hours of contacting us.
- Explain clearly the steps in the claims process.
- Provide you with easy to follow documentation.
- Request any additional information or documentation, which may be required to support your claim, at an early stage in writing.
- Ensure that your claim is dealt with by a trained specialist.
- Appoint an expert appraiser, on our behalf, to assess your claim at no cost to you. We believe these experts provide an efficient, fair and impartial service in the resolution of claims. If you wish, at your own expense, you may engage the services of an appropriate expert to act on your behalf.
- Give you a detailed written explanation if your claim, or any part of, is declined.
- Provide an injured party with information regarding the Injuries Board, where applicable.
- Provide a "New for Old" vehicle, where the vehicle is within 12 months of date of first registration and damaged to an extent greater than 60% or stolen and not recovered and has not travelled more than 24,000 kilometres.
- Agree the claim resolution method with you, which could include use of our specially chosen repair/replacement partners, your own contractor, a cash settlement or a combination of these.
- Actively investigate potential fraudulent claims.
- Pay all claims within 10 working days, once our investigations are complete and all required documentation has been received by us.
Our commitment to putting things right:
- In the event of vehicle breakdown, provide emergency assistance to recover your vehicle to the nearest approved repairer.
- In the event of a motor accident, arrange for the nearest Zurich Approved Repairer to repair your vehicle to strict quality control standards and provide a three year guarantee on repairs.
- Keep you mobile by supplying a courtesy vehicle, at a time that suits you, for up to 10 days when you use our Approved Repairer and have the appropriate cover under your policy. (Please contact your Agent, Broker or Sales Office for details).
- Collect, store and dispose of your vehicle, should it be rendered beyond repair.
- Provide assistance should you have a home emergency through our building repair network, anywhere in Ireland.
4) We are committed to providing the best possible claims service.
We strive to keep our promise to you, but if for any reason you are not fully satisfied please let us know by contacting Customer Support Team by phone (01) 6670666 or fax (01) 667 0660.
Alternatively you can write to the Customer Services Co-Ordinator at Zurich, Zurich House, Ballsbridge Park, Dublin 4.
We will ensure your complaint is dealt with quickly and fairly and inform you of your right to refer the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman should we not reach an agreed resolution.
Zurich fully complies with all regulations and legislation protecting you as a consumer of our service.
Please note that for training, customer service and fraud prevention purposes your calls may be recorded.
We retain a record of all claims and may share certain information with other insurers and cross reference this information against relevant insurance industry registries. However, all data is retained and used in accordance with Irish Data Protection Law. If a claim is paid under your policy, the settlement of that claim may affect future insurance contracts of that type.