Complaints Handling Process
We value the opportunity to look into any concerns you may have about any aspect of our service and are committed to treating all complaints fairly, thoroughly and promptly. If you have any cause to be dissatisfied with our service please see below for details on how to make a complaint. Upon receipt of a complaint, a member of our Customer Support team will respond to you in full within the timeframes outlined below.
How to make a complaint
If you wish to contact us by telephone regarding your complaint you can telephone us at 01 6670666. Your call will initially be handled by a senior member of staff in the relevant business area. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, with your agreement the details of your complaint can be escalated to the Customer Services Co-ordinator to review. You will not need to put your complaint in writing unless you wish to do so.
If you would prefer to outline your complaint to us in writing you can:
• email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
• write to the Customer Services Co-ordinator at Zurich House, Ballsbridge Park, Dublin 4.
A member of the Customer Support team will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days and that individual will handle your complaint until it has been resolved.
In line with the Consumer Protection Code we will:
• Acknowledge your complaint in writing within 5 business days from receipt
• Provide you with the name of the individual who will handle your complaint until it has been resolved or cannot be processed any further within the company
• Provide you with a written update in periods of no longer than 20 business days
• Attempt to investigate and resolve your complaint within 40 business days
• Advise you in writing within 5 business days of completion of our investigation, of the outcome and where applicable explain the terms of any offer of settlement being made
• Offer you the opportunity to have your complaint treated as a written complaint where a verbal complaint is received
• Advise you that you can consider our letter as our final response for the purpose of referring the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau should you not be satisfied with our response to your complaint.
Escalating Your Complaint
If your complaint is not subsequently resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Chief Executive Officer at Zurich House, Ballsbridge Park, Dublin 4. Alternatively, you may avail of your right to refer to the following:
• The Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau:
3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2. Phone: 1890 88 20 90 or 01 6620899
• Central Bank of Ireland:
PO Box 559, Dame Street, Dublin 2. Phone: 1890 777 777 or 01 2246000
• Insurance Ireland:
5 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1, DO1 E7E8. Telephone: (01) 676 1820
Your right to take legal action is not affected by following any of the above procedures.
We also value any positive feedback you may wish to provide us with. You can email us with your comments at email@example.com and we will ensure your feedback is passed to the appropriate recipient.